Seasonal & Holiday Decor Styling
November 1, 2018 - Michelle Murphy
The fall season may be fleeting in Calgary, but a little cold weather doesn’t have to stop us from making our homes festive for the holidays!
Each season and holiday deserves a bit of attention when it comes to home décor. Even little touches here and there make the environment feel inviting to you and your guests. New décor and changes in décor give you a fresh perspective on your home, something new to see and experience.
Changing your décor often to flow with the seasons can seem like a daunting and expensive task. There are many ways to help you accomplish these transitions with little burden on you. From bargain store shopping and DIY to full service designers and stagers, there are options available for all lifestyles. Here are a few suggestions to get you started…
1. For budget friendly options consider:
- Bargain stores and flea markets: Look for alternatives to big box stores that may charge more for similar seasonal décor.
- Do-It-Yourself: Make your seasonal/holiday décor! There are tons of free craft ideas online. Try Pinterest for some fun ideas.
- Select multi-functional pieces: Pick furnishings that may work as décor for more than one holiday (eg: a simple, non-holiday candle holder that you swap out with different candles for each special holiday scent).
2. For time saving options consider:
- Select ready-made/store bought items: You don’t have to do anything other than put the items in your space.
- Easy to install items: Décor such as figurines that don’t need to be hung on a wall or a ton of pieces to put together will make the process easier.
- Hire a designer: There are lots of designers and stagers that can offer you assistance with selecting and installing seasonal/holiday décor. Michelle Murphy Interior Design offers seasonal/holiday décor styling to help you prepare for each time of year. Whether it’s for your own enjoyment or for a special occasion, MMID is here to help you make that transition.